Alef Bet Quest Mobile App: Digital License Only
To order this product, you must be logged in to your account.
This digital Hebrew primer fully integrates with text-based lessons to teach students to decode Hebrew fluently while it sends them on a guided digital adventure through Israel in search of a missing golden Kiddush cup. The app matches Alef Bet Quest book; app can also be used independently.
Students learn letters and vowels from key Jewish cultural words (matzah, havdalah, Yisrael, shofar, Moshe) as well as everyday Hebrew words (abba, ima, sabba, savta, mishpahah, shalom). They can also try out their new decoding skills on read-aloud activities that let them hear the Hebrew (in American and Israeli accents) and play four different games that reinforce their skills.
Alef Bet Quest's lessons on decoding and fluency unfold against a backdrop of cultural and modern Hebrew vocabulary, with a digital adventure that takes students on a 20-stop tour through Israel. Students will develop a connection to Israel as they learn to read. Admins can access student progress by class within the app.
Match with printed book, script writing workbook, and a Companion Reader to add even more modern Hebrew vocabulary and tailor Alef Bet Quest to the needs of your learners.
Some tech things to know:
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- For mobile devices only.
- Digital licenses are refundable until passed to a student.
- Purchases charged to school accounts require one business day for procesing before becoming available; purchases made using credit cards become available immediately.
1. Purchase licenses for the app (one per user) from behrmanhouse.com. Make sure you're signed into your school account. If you don't have an account, you can create one here
2. Download the app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
3. Give learners access to the app:
- Open the app on your device
- Select “I don't have a code” from the bottom of the screen
- Log in with the same account email and password used to purchase the app
- Enter the class name and select “Create Class”
- Distribute the student and teacher classroom codes to everyone in the class.
Students and teachers:
- Download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Open the app and select “New User”
- Enter classroom code you got from your school
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the sign-up procedure
Detailed how-to instructions are available here.