Alef Bet Quest OLC Edition
To order this product, you must be logged in to your account. Digital licenses are refundable until passed to a student.
This multi-media Hebrew primer fully integrates text-based lessons with computer software and teaches your students to decode Hebrew fluently while it sends them on a guided digital adventure through Israel.
Students learn letters and vowels from key Jewish cultural words (matzah, havdalah, Yisrael, shofar, Moshe) as well as everyday Hebrew words (abba, ima, sabba, savta, mishpahah, shalom).
"Clues to the Quest" in the book motivate students to use the software at home, increasing Hebrew reading practice time as their adventure, the search for a missing golden Kiddush cup, unfolds. Students can also try out their new decoding skills on computer-based read-aloud activities that let them hear the Hebrew (in American and Israeli accents) and play online video games that reinforce their skills.
Alef Bet Quest's lessons on decoding and fluency unfold against a backdrop of cultural and modern Hebrew vocabulary, with an online adventure that takes students on a 20-stop tour through Israel. Students will develop a connection to Israel as they learn to read.
Educators tell us that when students use interactive software they want to practice their Hebrew at home, creating additional instructional and practice time. Students will love playing the online video games to reinforce their new decoding skills. It's homework they will want to do!
A matched workbook for script writing, and a Companion Reader that adds even more modern Hebrew vocabulary, let you tailor Alef Bet Quest to the needs of your learners.
How Schools Access the Alef Bet Quest Digital:
1. Purchase the app through the Behrman House online store using the credentials you used to set up your school's Online Learning Center account.
2. Log in to your educator's account and add Alef Bet Quest to a class (with students).
3. Students added to the class automatically have full access to the app and can access their software at www.behrmanhouse.com/PlayLearn.
(To learn more about setting up your school in the Online Learning Center, click here.)
Students: How to Access Your Software:
1) Go to www.behrmanhouse.com/PlayLearn
2) Log in using the email address and password created by the school.
3) After logging in, you will see the learning app.