Generation to Generation
Learn more about this video!
Families often need help talking about a difficult and painful subject: the death of a loved one. Generation to Generation provides that help. Personal stories of loss, related with sensitivity and insight by children and their parents plus commentary from religious leaders and bereavement counselors show how open and honest dialogue can help heal the pain of loss.
Among the issues the video addresses are:
- the wisdom and beauty of the Jewish view of death
- children's involvement in the funeral, burial, and shiva
- prayer and ritual as a source of comfort
- information to share with children to help allay their fears
- suggestions on how to help children handle grief
Produced by Academy Award-winning Sue Marx Films, Generation to Generation is an ideal resource for an adult education session, high school study unit, or youth group program. As an addition to a synagogue library or resource room, the 35-minute video can be lent to families to help them through difficult times.
Available in VHS format only.
Silver Medal Winner International Film & Video Awards
CINE Golden Eagle Award
Council on International