Shalom Hebrew Book with Turn Page Access AND Shalom Hebrew App
Add the Shalom Hebrew Digital App to the Enhanced Turn Page Access and Printed Book for a rich multimedia assortment of tools that advance your beginning Hebrew goals no matter what scenarios unfold this fall.
What you get:
- A physical copy of Shalom Hebrew, the primer for older learners.
- Access to use the enhanced online turn page version with one student through July, 2021.
- A set of tips specifically for teaching with Shalom Hebrew in distance learning settings.
- Access to selected printable PDF pages for student use.
- A license for the Shalom Hebrew mobile app for one student.
This multimedia package for Shalom Hebrew will help ensure continuity in your beginning Hebrew program whether you meet in person, by video conference, in online tutorial sessions, or in some combination.
Have students use the book for regular practice, chevruta study, and as a portfolio of completed work whether they are meeting in person or remotely.
Use the turn page access in a share-your-screen mode with learners in groups or one-on-one online.
Provide remote learners with access to the mobile app for independent practice and games, and send them the selected pdf pages to print in situations or locations where the book is not available.
Check the downloadable teaching tips pdf for ideas and further guidance.
Access to Shalom Hebrew turn page materials is purchased and granted per student to keep your costs as low as possible.
To get the full benefit of Shalom Hebrew we suggest using the Teacher Edition of Shalom Uvrachah Primer Express as a guide (one per teacher). Flash cards are also a helpful resource. (See the links below.)
A few techie things you need to know:
- You must be logged in to purchase and access the turn page materials and the mobile app.
- Accounts on behrmanhouse.com are accessed using the email address used to set up the account.
- The book(s) will be shipped.*
- Turn page access is from a link that will be available from the account that made the purchase. Log in and go to Account/My Downloadables.
- Purchases charged to school accounts will be available after processing, which typically takes one business day. Purchases made using credit cards become available immediately.
- Turn page access may be shared at no additional charge with the teachers working directly with the student(s) for whom access has been purchased. Access may also be shared easily with any student for whom it was purchased should they wish to use the turn page features at home with their families.
- Problems with your order or access? You can contact us for technical support here.
- Questions about curriculum? Email customersupport at Behrmanhouse.com
Ideas for Using Turn-Page Edition Primers:
In this revision of Shalom Uvrachah Primer Express, students can quickly learn to decode Hebrew accurately and fluently. Ideal for learners who start Hebrew decoding in the later grades, just in time for bar or bat mitzvah, or who need remediation. Built on a foundation of key cultural words (shamash, tzedakah, mitzvah, mezuzah), with an emphasis on the chunking of syllables, and the inclusion of movement-based activities and many brand-new challenging reading exercises, Shalom Hebrew will motivate your pre-teens to learn to decode quickly and accurately.
What’s NEW about Shalom Hebrew?
1. New, more challenging activities, for example, “Word Power”—using the key words in sentences and games
2. New layout and design, and smaller trim size
3. More grown-up graphics (ideal for adults too)
4. Includes over 200 movement- and holiday-based Hebrew words, e.g., classroom labels (shulchan, luach, delet), holiday words (etrog, shofar, bikkurim), and body parts (yad, rosh, beten, ayin)
What’s the same as Shalom Uvrachah Primer Express?
1. Same key words
2. Same order of letter and vowel introduction
3. Same rich reading activities
Three sections in the Teacher’s Guide (available separately) provide specific ways to use Shalom Hebrew with:
1. 5th–6th graders
3. Students with special needs
Shalom Hebrew Digital App also available, for tablets, phones, and desktops.
Get Shalom Hebrew Book and the App together and save. See more here.
What exactly am I purchasing?
You are purchasing a package that includes a physical copy of the book PLUS access to an enhanced digital turn-page version of the book, with permission to share it with one student in a remote learning setting.
Your access to the turn-page version runs through July 2022. The turn-page version is an exact duplicate of the physical book, including the same page numbering. We’ve enhanced it by also including teaching tips unique to the material and selected printable PDF pages for students’ use.
Do I need to purchase a turn-page package for each student?
Yes. Turn-page access is not a replacement for a physical book. It is a tool to help teachers in remote learning environments. Students need their materials whether they’re learning remotely or in-person.
Do I need to purchase a turn-page package for each teacher?
No. Access to the turn-page version is provided based on the number of students you wish to use it with. For example, if you have 10 students in a class, you would purchase 10 turn-page sets (you will get 10 physical books + permission to use the turnpage version with 10 students). The turn-page access can then be shared with any teacher(s) or madrichim working directly with those 10 students, at no additional charge.
If the teacher is sharing their screen to show the turn-page version, why do I need to purchase multiple copies?
You are not purchasing multiple copies of the turn page version. You are paying for permission to use the turn-page version with a certain number of students. In other words, purchases are made according to the number of people who are viewing the turn-page version, not how many are showing it.
Can I purchase access to the turn-page version separately from the physical book?
No. Access to the turn-page version is combined with a physical book. Turn-page access is not a replacement for a physical book. It is designed to make it simpler for teachers to work with learners remotely, guiding their learning. Even in remote learning settings, ideal learning is multi-modal. When learners have the physical materials, they have more control over their learning, can see the material in person, can more easily work with others in breakout groups, and better complete independent work away from the screen.
Having the print materials also ensures that you can maintain continuity in programming regardless of where your learners are meeting. This is especially important if you might be switching between remote and in-person learning. Having the physical book also gets children away from their screens and guides them through hands-on activities.
How do I get the physical books to my students?
The physical books will be shipped directly to the address you provide at time of your order. You then have several options for getting to students if you will be starting your program remotely:
- Make packages for each student and hold a book pickup day at your building.
- Combine delivery with social connection by having teachers personally drop off materials to students. This makes for a lovely porch or sidewalk socially distant, yet personal, interaction.
- Mail the books to students.
If you cannot get materials to students locally, talk to us about options for delivering books directly to students at their homes. Email us for more information.
After I purchase the turn-page package, how do I access the digital version?
Log in to the account on behrmanhouse.com from which you made the purchase. From the top menu, click Account. Then click My Downloadable Products from the menu on the left. Select the item you wish to use. When you click on the link, a turn page access file will download to your device. Double click that access file and your turn page book will open, ready for use. The downloaded HTML file can be shared at no additional charge with teachers working directly with the student(s) for whom access has been purchased. Just email the teachers and attach the downloaded file.
Do teachers or students need a Behrman House account to view the turn-page version?
No. The person who made the purchase can share the link directly with the teacher (see above). The link immediately opens the turn-page version, and teachers can then share their screens on video conference platforms with the students for whom access was purchased. Students are not likely to need direct access to the turn-page themselves. They will have their physical copies for independent work, chevruta work in breakout groups, etc.
Can I see a sample of the turn-page to try it out?
As with all our student materials, you are invited to order a copy at a 30% discount for review. This will allow you to try it out and test out the process for purchase, access, and use of the materials – so you can feel comfortable knowing exactly how it all works. Contact email@example.com to request your review copies.
We have books left over from last year or have already placed our order for this school year. Do we have to buy the books again to have turn-page access?
If you purchased student materials in 2020 and still have some left over, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you make sure you have just what you need.
What do the turn-page materials look like?
Take a short tour through the Behrman House digital turn-page materials: what they look like, the supplemental teacher support materials and student printables, and overview of how to purchase and access the digital materials.