Chaverim B'Ivrit 3 with Turn Page Access
Safeguard your Hebrew curricular plans - wherever the learning takes place.
This multimedia package for Chaverim B'Ivrit will help ensure continuity in your Hebrew program whether you meet in person, by video conference, in online tutorial sessions, or in some combination.
What You Get:
You get a physical copy of Chaverim B'Ivrit plus access to use the enhanced online turn page version with one student through July 2022. Included in the enhanced turn page version is a set of instructions specifically for teaching with Chaverim B'Ivrit in distance learning settings, plus printable PDF pages for student use.
Have students use the book for regular practice, independent work, chevruta study, and as a portfolio of completed work whether they are meeting in person or remotely. Use the turn page access in a share-your-screen mode with learners in groups or one-on-one online. Remote learners without access to their print copies of the book can print pages at home to complete assignments. Check the downloadable teaching tips PDF for ideas and further guidance.
To get the full benefit of the Chaverim B'Ivrit program you will also need:
- The matching workbooks (now available for levels 1-5),
- A license for each teacher to use the audio recordings that match each book to share during video conferencing or during in-person sessions,
- At least one digital license for each teacher to access the authentic Hebrew language videos that supplement each chapter. It is best if each student also has a license to use the digital app to watch the videos and to create and record their own. The app works on all mobile devices.
- These items are sold separately. See the links below.
Access to Chaverim B'Ivrit turn page materials is purchased and granted per student per book to keep costs as low as possible.
A few techie things you need to know:
- You must be logged in to purchase and access the turn page materials.
- Please note: Accounts on behrmanhouse.com are accessed using the email address used to set up the account.
- Turn page access is from a link that will be available from the specific account that made the purchase. Log in and go to Account/My Downloadables.
- Purchases charged to school accounts will be available after processing, normally in one business day. Purchases made using credit cards become available immediately.
- The book(s) will be shipped.*
- Turn page access may be shared at no additional charge with the teachers working directly with the student(s) for whom access has been purchased. Access may also easily be shared with any student for whom it was purchased should they wish to use the turn page features at home, print assignments, or use with their families.
- Problems with your order or access? You can contact us for technical support here.
- Questions about curriculum? Email customersupport at Behrmanhouse.com
Find Out More:
Developed for the day school environment, field tested in the US, and adaptable for diverse levels of learning, Chaverim B'Ivrit is a child-centered Modern Hebrew program based on the most current understanding of second language acquisition. It uses multiple genres including age-appropriate storytelling, conversations, poems, songs, Jewish source texts and t'filah and takes into account Jewish identity development and Diaspora Judaism.
A teacher's guide is included at the beginning of each level, and further teacher instructions are provided throughout the student materials.
In addition to the main print book and enhanced turn page edition featured in this bundle, there are also audio recordings available for each level, as well as new student workbooks.
A new app, Chaverim B'Ivrit Digital All Access, lets students watch authentic Hebrew video clips (mostly Israeli) that reinforce vocabulary and grammar and also create and record their own videos to share with teachers and peers.
Ideas for Using Chaverim B'Ivrit Turn-Page Edition:
Developed for day schools, Chaverim B’Ivrit is a curriculum for teaching modern Hebrew as a second language for students in grades 2-6. Written by experts in the fields of teaching Hebrew as a second language, the curriculum is based on the most current understanding of language acquisition in children, including the need to transfer and apply learning in contexts relevant to the children’s lives and cultural backgrounds, including: family, friendship, traveling, food, and music. Each theme is presented from three perspectives: Jewish, modern Israeli culture, and general world knowledge.
- Treats Hebrew as a living language and develops active language production in children
- Uses multiple genres, including stories, conversations, poems, songs, albums, and journals
- Includes a teacher's guide at beginning of each level, with further teacher instructions at the bottom of each page of the student materials
- Promotes Jewish identity development and diaspora Judaism
Included in the Series
What exactly am I purchasing?
You are purchasing a package that includes a physical copy of the book PLUS access to an enhanced digital turn-page version of the book, with permission to share it with one student in a remote learning setting.
Your access to the turn-page version runs through July 2023. The turn-page version is an exact duplicate of the physical book, including the same page numbering. We’ve enhanced it by also including teaching tips unique to the material and selected printable PDF pages for students’ use.
Do I need to purchase a turn-page package for each student?
Yes. Turn-page access is not a replacement for a physical book. It is a tool to help teachers in remote learning environments. Students need their materials whether they’re learning remotely or in-person.
Do I need to purchase a turn-page package for each teacher?
No. Access to the turn-page version is provided based on the number of students you wish to use it with. For example, if you have 10 students in a class, you would purchase 10 turn-page sets (you will get 10 physical books + permission to use the turnpage version with 10 students). The turn-page access can then be shared with any teacher(s) or madrichim working directly with those 10 students, at no additional charge.
If the teacher is sharing their screen to show the turn-page version, why do I need to purchase multiple copies?
You are not purchasing multiple copies of the turn page version. You are paying for permission to use the turn-page version with a certain number of students. In other words, purchases are made according to the number of people who are viewing the turn-page version, not how many are showing it.
Can I purchase access to the turn-page version separately from the physical book?
No. Access to the turn-page version is combined with a physical book. Turn-page access is not a replacement for a physical book. It is designed to make it simpler for teachers to work with learners remotely, guiding their learning. Even in remote learning settings, ideal learning is multi-modal. When learners have the physical materials, they have more control over their learning, can see the material in person, can more easily work with others in breakout groups, and better complete independent work away from the screen.
Having the print materials also ensures that you can maintain continuity in programming regardless of where your learners are meeting. This is especially important if you might be switching between remote and in-person learning. Having the physical book also gets children away from their screens and guides them through hands-on activities.
How do I get the physical books to my students?
The physical books will be shipped directly to the address you provide at time of your order. You then have several options for getting to students if you will be starting your program remotely:
- Make packages for each student and hold a book pickup day at your building.
- Combine delivery with social connection by having teachers personally drop off materials to students. This makes for a lovely porch or sidewalk socially distant, yet personal, interaction.
- Mail the books to students.
If you cannot get materials to students locally, talk to us about options for delivering books directly to students at their homes. Email us for more information.
After I purchase the turn-page package, how do I access the digital version?
Log in to the account on behrmanhouse.com from which you made the purchase. From the top menu, click Account. Then click My Downloadable Products from the menu on the left. Select the item you wish to use. When you click on the link, a turn page access file will download to your device. Double click that access file and your turn page book will open, ready for use. The downloaded HTML file can be shared at no additional charge with teachers working directly with the student(s) for whom access has been purchased. Just email the teachers and attach the downloaded file.
Do teachers or students need a Behrman House account to view the turn-page version?
No. The person who made the purchase can share the link directly with the teacher (see above). The link immediately opens the turn-page version, and teachers can then share their screens on video conference platforms with the students for whom access was purchased. Students are not likely to need direct access to the turn-page themselves. They will have their physical copies for independent work, chevruta work in breakout groups, etc.
Can I see a sample of the turn-page to try it out?
As with all our student materials, you are invited to order a copy at a 30% discount for review. This will allow you to try it out and test out the process for purchase, access, and use of the materials – so you can feel comfortable knowing exactly how it all works. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your review copies.
We have books left over from last year or have already placed our order for this school year. Do we have to buy the books again to have turn-page access?
If you purchased student materials in 2020 and still have some left over, contact email@example.com and we’ll work with you make sure you have just what you need.
What do the turn-page materials look like?
Take a short tour through the Behrman House digital turn-page materials: what they look like, the supplemental teacher support materials and student printables, and overview of how to purchase and access the digital materials.