Explorer's Bible , Vol 1: From Creation to Exodus
This purchase only includes Explorer's Bible 1. To purchase the book with the Online Learning Center license, click here.
Engage your students in authentic, dynamic Bible study!
Your students can now explore the Bible as Jews have done for centuries - by pondering, personalizing, and wrestling with the text. Combining faithful but accessible translations with thematic connections between the narratives and student's daily lives, critical-thinking exercises, and a sense of wonder, The Explorer's Bible will help you transform your classroom into a lively Bible study group.
What's New About The Explorer's Bible?
- True-to-text translation retains the structure and tone of the Heew while providing students with comprehensible and age-appropriate language.
- Opportunities for students to participate in biblical dialogue by reviewing classic interpretations of text and creating midrashim of their own.
- Connections between text and core Jewish values help students to personalize the Bibleâ€™s lessons.
- Analyses of key Hebrew words and phrases allow students to connect intimately with biblical text.
- Contemporary design conveys the dignity of biblical text while engaging students with lush illustrations and more than fifty full-color photographs.
- Explanatory notes and connections to biblical archaeology ing the text to life for students.
- The Birth of the World
- Good and Evil in the Garden of Eden
- My Brother's Keeper (Cain and Abel)
- The Man Who Walked with God (Noah)
- The Impossible Tower (Tower of Babel)
- Abraham Finds His Way
- Abraham Speaks Up (Sodom and Gomorrah)
- The Sacrifice (The Akedah)
- Rebecca's Kindness
- Twins, Tricks, and Trouble (Jacob and Esau)
- Jacob's Discovery (Jacob, Rachel, and Leah)
- Jacob's Struggle (Jacob wrestles)
- The Dreamer (Joseph)
- Joseph's Gift
- Joseph's Forgiveness
- Baby Moses
- Moses Stands Before God
- Freedom and the Future (Plagues and the Exodus)