Hineni 2 - Word Cards
Help learners unlock the meaning and underlying value of our pryaers while building Hebrew reading and liturgical skills.
This full-color three-year prayer series covers the Shabbat morning service in its exact order; prayers, blessings, and songs for home observance of Shabbat and the holidays; and selections from the Friday Night Service and Hallel. Variations in liturgy for Reform and Conservative services are included. Reconstructionist variations are available here.
Students will learn to read fluently from the siddur, translate key prayer words, identify important Hebrew roots, prefixes,a nd suffixes, connect the prayers with Jewish values, understand the themes of the prayers, place the prayers in the sequence of the service, and participate more comfortably in synagogue services.
- Presents several prayers (Shema, Ve'ahavta, Mi Chamochah) in their original context - the actual page from the Torah!
- Isolates and reviews common prayer-reading problems - such as visually similar letters - providing reinforcement throughout
- Milon-Dictionary for easy look-up of prayer words
- Instruction in the choreography of the prayer service
- Hineni Express, a streamlined, one volume version for students entering after fourth grade.
- Hineni OLC Edition combines each print volume of the original Hineni books with a group of online practice exercises adn games that can be accessed on mobile devices as well as laptops.
- Hineni Prayer Booklets offer the flexibility of teachign or learnign prayers in the order you prefer, and the option for self-paced study when used in conjunction wtih Self-Guided Hineni.
- Hineni Prayerbook Hebrew for Adults, a one-volume version designed for adult study and for parents who would like to understand what their children are learning.
Included in the Series