The third and final book in the Hineni series to learn Hebrew prayer
The third and final book in the Hineni - The New Hebrew Through Prayer series presents the Torah service and concluding prayers. Students will learn the key prayers in the Torah service, concluding prayers in the Shabbat morning service, and prayers for sleeping and waking. It covers 99 key prayer words and over 30 roots, prefixes and suffixes, and also helps students refine their basic grammar skills and hone their prayer-reading skills.
Students are also challenged to think deeply about the meaning of the prayers and the prayers' connection to ancient sources and sacred text. For example: Read each biblical verse below and circle the phrase that appears in the Ein Kamocha prayer.
Additionally, Hineni 3 deepens students' understanding of the Jewish values underlying the prayers. The "Ethical Echo" feature teaches a mitzvah concept, and the follow-up "Think About This!" asks students to make their own meaning from the value.
(Reconstructionist variations of some of these prayers are available here.)
Special feature: Includes a chart with the prayers in the Shabbat morning service to help students understand its structure and to graphically illustrate just how much they have accomplished in their Hebrew studies.
Torah Service Prayers
- Ein Kamocha
- Av Harahamim
- Ki Mitziyon
- L'cha Adonai
- Birchot Hatorah
- Birchot Hahaftarah
- V'zot Hatorah
- Eitz Hayyim Hi
- Al Sh'loshah D'varim
Shabbat Morning Service: Concluding Prayers
- Ein Keloheinu
Prayers for Sleeping and Waking
- Modeh Ani
Hineni 3 Interactive CD is NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
If you would like to offer an online component for your learners, please consider the Hineni OLC Edition, available for the Behrman House Online Learning Center. Click the RELATED PRODUCTS tab for additional information.
Help learners unlock the meaning and underlying value of our pryaers while building Hebrew reading and liturgical skills.
This full-color three-year prayer series covers the Shabbat morning service in its exact order; prayers, blessings, and songs for home observance of Shabbat and the holidays; and selections from the Friday Night Service and Hallel. Variations in liturgy for Reform and Conservative services are included. Reconstructionist variations are available here.
Students will learn to read fluently from the siddur, translate key prayer words, identify important Hebrew roots, prefixes,a nd suffixes, connect the prayers with Jewish values, understand the themes of the prayers, place the prayers in the sequence of the service, and participate more comfortably in synagogue services.
- Presents several prayers (Shema, Ve'ahavta, Mi Chamochah) in their original context - the actual page from the Torah!
- Isolates and reviews common prayer-reading problems - such as visually similar letters - providing reinforcement throughout
- Milon-Dictionary for easy look-up of prayer words
- Instruction in the choreography of the prayer service
- Hineni Express, a streamlined, one volume version for students entering after fourth grade.
- Hineni OLC Edition combines each print volume of the original Hineni books with a group of online practice exercises adn games that can be accessed on mobile devices as well as laptops.
- Hineni Prayer Booklets offer the flexibility of teachign or learnign prayers in the order you prefer, and the option for self-paced study when used in conjunction wtih Self-Guided Hineni.
- Hineni Prayerbook Hebrew for Adults, a one-volume version designed for adult study and for parents who would like to understand what their children are learning.
Included in the Series