Jewish Heroes, Jewish Values
Note: This product is printed when you order it. When you include this product, your order will take 5-7 additional days to ship.
Spanning the worlds of sports, science, film, and politics, Jewish Heroes, Jewish Values introduces the Jewish heroes of yesterday and today to those of tomorrow.
Students discover how to live Jewish values by reliving some of the most dramatic moments of the 20th century:
- Sandy Koufax sits out Game 1 of the 1965 World Series to observe Yom Kippur (Klal Yisrael/Jewish Solidarity)
- Golda Meir visits the Jews of Communist Russia (Tzionut/Zionism)
- Abraham Joshua Heschel marches for civil rights with Martin Luther King, Jr. (Tikkun Olam/Healing the World)
- Hannah Senesh leads a daring rescue mission in Nazi-occupied Yugoslavia (Ometz Lev/Courage)
- Natan and Avital Sharansky fight for religious freedom (Herut/Freedom)
- Anne Frank courageously struggles against overwhelming odds (Tikvah/Hope)
- Yonatan Netanyahu leads the raid on Entebbe (Pikuah Nefesh/Saving a Life)
- Menachem Begin and Anwar Sadat sign a historic peace treaty (Shalom/Peace)
- Steven Spielberg authentically recreates Jewish history (Zikaron/Remembrance)
And many more Eyewitness accounts capture the immediacy of each climactic event, and the "Jewish Heroes Hall of Fame" shows students how they can fulfill core Jewish values in their own lives. Over 70 photographs illustrate these inspiring portraits of men and women whose commitment to Jewish ideals have made them legends--and heroes.