More of Today's Hot Topics
Help teens consider today's complex issues from a Jewish perspective.
In today's fraught political environment, learning to discuss and debate difficult issues and respectfully hear the opinions of multiple sides is something that we all value.
This second collection of Hot Topics will help you and your students do just that. Through the lens of Jewish teachings and texts, it will guide you through complex questions such as:
- What does Judaism have to say about same-sex marriage? Religious freedom? Social justice?
- How can Jewish values help us decide what digital games to play? How to read the news? How much screen time is enough?
Each chapter focuses on one Hot Topic and includes a complete package of resources that will help you lead a discussion and activity about it.
Each of the sixteen Hot Topics includes:
- A ready-to-use lesson plan with step-by-step strategies for introducing the Hot Topic to students; inclues essential questions, objectives, background information, and activities
- An article that explores the issue from multiple perspectives
- Source sheets of relevant Jewish texts
- Glossary of Jewish values and relevant lessons