Welcome to Our Summer Intern
We are pleased to announce that Alef Davis is joining us this summer as an editorial intern.
She is a budding writer, and was an editor of both the literary magazine and an undergraduate research journal at Drew University. She has also worked as a classroom assistant at Temple Ohr Shalom religious school in New Jersey. She is curious about every aspect of publishing, has already made friends with Ivan, our house dog, and we look forward to working with her this summer.
As a paid editorial intern, she will be learning and doing many of the following:
• Assisting editors with manuscript editing, art direction, photo research, and writing for a wide variety of projects
• Participating fully in Creative Team meetings and brainstorming sessions
• Reviewing manuscript submissions
• Learning about and helping with tagging photos in our database, cutting sound files, and other behind-the-scenes digital work
• Learning about every aspect of book publishing: acquiring new books, developing manuscripts, working with designers, commissioning art, selecting photos, and guiding books through the production process
Behrman House hires an editorial intern every summer for May through August. We take applications beginning in the spring, so if you know someone who might be interested in joining us next summer, have them send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hebrew In Harmony (48)
- Behrman House Basics (38)
- Online Learning Center (OLC) (16)
- Holidays (101)
- Profiles (36)
- Teacher Resources (114)
- New Products (82)
- Judaica (47)
- Digital (21)
- Picture Books (67)
- Tech Tools (16)
- Big Ideas (11)
- Contemporary Jewish Life (21)
- Apples & Honey Press (52)